NCT Operating Guidelines
The National Capital Trackers’ (NCT) goal is to provide enjoyment and information about the hobby to the public. A successful NCT event requires mutual cooperation and respect. All NCT club members and guests are expected to conform to the following procedures.
- Trackmaster Runs the Show. An NCT event is run by a Trackmaster (TM), who is the final authority on show operations and the actions of participants.
- Helping Out. No modules in the event? Come and help with setup and takedown and run trains. Commitment means more than just stopping by to run trains.
- Running Trains. Run time schedules allocate track time. Members with modules in the event are usually given priority in signing up for run time. One or two running sessions per member per day is normal. Be on time when you are signed up to run. Keep visual contact with your train when running.
- Main Lines are expected to be in near continuous operation. Equipment placed on the main line must be ready to run. Always check your equipment including command hand controllers before the show to make sure they are working properly. Bring a spare engine and extra batteries to be used in case of failure at the show.
- “Give-Way” Rule is critical where a run time schedule is not used. A member who seeks to run equipment needs to make his request known to the member currently operating and to the TM. The TM ensures that everyone who brings something to run gets a chance.
- Command AND Conventional. TMs will ensure that command and conventional operation are available when feasible. When a command system is non-functional the TM may suspend use of that system during the show.
- Remove Your Stuff. Remove and store your equipment when your running session is over. Mainlines, yards and work tables are not to be tied up with a train that has just been run.
- Junior Members are the club’s future and are welcome to participate. Sponsors who are familiar with NCT operating guidelines must be present with each junior member.
- Setting Up and Taking Down require careful handling of NCT and member-owned equipment. Though the process may take a bit more time, it will save hours of repair and unnecessary expense.
- Heading Home. All participants should participate in loading member vehicles and the NCT trailers and depart only after everyone is loaded.
Adopted by the NCT Board of Directors, October 13, 2013